Friday, January 29, 2010

weekend poetry reading



this weekend i will be reading my poetry at Greenwoods bookstore. all week i have been preselecting, then editing, removing and then preselecting {again} my poems. honestly i probably do not need a week to prepare but i like to know what i will be delivering to my audience.
i have done many readings over the years and it is similiar but different. like driving through the prairies... you can probably do it with your eyes closed but you keep them open just incase there is a slight bend in the road.
i luv listening to other poets. it is one thing to read a poem in the comfort of your own home, whether it be a book or on a blog but to listen to a poem is quite unique. each poet breathing life into their words. listening to them form sounds and shapes that dance around the audience. is inspiring!
i look forward to this weekend with great anticipation and exhilaration.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there. I wrote many poems when I was in High School am less inspired now I guess. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

thanks Ms. Givens! wish you could be here. you never know when inspiration will hit.